Saturday 6 December 2008

Hibernation


On Thursday, I managed to spend over 12 hours asleep. I have no idea why - I wasn't ill. My best theory is that my friend's mum fed me some drugged fruitcake.

My friend had been visiting Tuesday/Wednesday. She lives in London but comes from Bristol originally, and we drove her to her parents so that she could finish her stay there. Whenever we drop her off, we get invited for tea and get given sandwiches and homemade cake (sometimes we even get given a jar of homemade jam or marmalade - brilliant!). Mr Kitsch doesn't like fruitcake, so he didn't have any. He was fine, but I couldn't wake up in the morning. In the face of this incontrovertible evidence, I can come to no other conclusion, but that I was actually heavily sedated by fruitcake!

Or I may just have been tired. We went for a walk on Wednesday through the local woods. Most of my walking recently has been in town, so maybe I wasn't used to so much fresh air.

It was a lovely day and all the berries looked Christmassy.

And talking of Christmas... (Smooth link, huh?) The day before, we went shopping, and I found these kitsch-cute chenille robins.
I got a whole box, so I have some for sale in my Etsy shop. You might think it's a bit late for Christmas, but there's still time!!

No comments: