Wednesday 21 January 2009

Presents


Look at the lovely flowers Mr Kitsch bought me yesterday! He decided I needed cheering up and flowers are one of the most cheerful things I know.

These are particularly good in the cheering up department, as the bunch contains pussy willow, which makes me think of spring. And kittens. Kittens in the spring - what's not to love? I've been stroking those silky, furry buds - like little pussy paws...

The bunch also contains the beautiful spiral buds of purple lisianthus. Well done, Mr Kitsch - you did good!

Mr Kitsch also did good in the Christmas gift-giving. I know! That was nearly a month ago... Well I've finally got round to sharing these photos of some of the little goodies he got me.

Gorgeous mug and pendant from a local ceramicist, Joanna Rose, who uses a mix of retro transfers and her own designs.

Kitschy cat and fawn ornaments and a sweet little tin in the shape of a suitcase, with an illustration of woodland animals playing music in the snow. And it had jelly babies in it! Could it be any cuter??

Some cute vinyl toys and some Hello Kitty little tins of sweets. I was particularly pleased with the green Bamboo Zoo creature by Peskimo as they are from Bristol and they also sell on Etsy. I really like designer vinyl toys, but they have to be just quirky, like these. Some of the ones you see are just a bit aggressive-looking. I can't stand those smoking rabbits and I'm not too keen on Kubricks or Dunnies. (I think some of you may be wondering what I'm talking about, so, moving swiftly on...)

Last but not least, these little cuties from Friends With You, more designer vinyl toys of the cute and quirky kind.

And there was more! I was very spoilt.

Just a quick reminder that it's not too late to enter my fantastic giveaway. Details are on the previous post.

4 comments:

Teena Vallerine said...

Well three cheers for Mr Kitsch! Such thoughtful gifts that can't just be picked up on a mad dash on Christmas Eve! And flowers too! And such a well chosen bunch! I LOVE those lissyissthisnathywotsits (aren't you clever to spell it). I like them as they uncurl and there is a spiral of petal. SO delicate! t.x

Kitsch and Curious said...

I wasn't that clever with the Lisianthus - I had to look it up on the interweb!

Jackie said...

Thank you so much for your explanation. I had to delete the post I wrote becasue one comment was so supportive of me as to be offensive to the person concerned. very funny though!
I agree about the links..the more the merrier.
I think Mr kitsch is a sweetie. I must show my husband those flowers. they are my favourite kind.

Selfsewn said...

Ooh hello fellow designer vinyl lover!

Clare