Friday 8 May 2009

Mayfair Shopping


Actually, that should read "May Fair", rather than Mayfair. It's not as posh, but much more fun! On the May Day Bank Holiday, there is always a fair on Redland Green in Bristol. It's like a village fete in the middle of the city, and is one of my favourite events of the year. This year it was a bit cold and damp, but I managed to pick up lots of bargains, and, more importantly, lots of home-made cakes! Here are some more of my goodies -

I'm pleased with these shelves - they'll hold a lot of little knick-knacks. The little bunny mug is worth a close-up. It's so sweet!

I've also been finding odd bits and bobs at my local charity shop. I'm accumulating lots of lovely china at the moment. Some of it for a new craft project I've been toying with, and some to sell. I plan to bring lots with me to the Vintage and Handmade Fair on 30th May. Hope to see you there!

I haven't been able to blog for a while, as my mum and my sister are both in hospital at the moment! Although they live in the same house, they've been taken to two different hospitals, one in the city centre, and one in the outskirts. As you can imagine, hospital visiting is a bit of a logistical nightmare! I'm slowly getting a bit calmer about it now, as they both seem to be on the mend, thank goodness.

7 comments:

Sam said...

I love all your bits and bobs - and I hope to come to the fair too xxx
Samxx

hens teeth said...

Hello Elaine,
I am so sorry to read that your mum and sister are both in hospital. What a hellish timer you must have had recently. I hope they continue to get better very quickly.

Great that you are at V & H. I am really looking forward to meeting you.

Your finds at the May Fair are brilliant.

Teena Vallerine said...

So sorry to hear about your poorly ones. I hope all is well soon so you are able to prepare for THE fair! Perhaps they will be well enough to visit!
Loving that sweet pea tablecloth and the little blue glass swan. t.x

Cowboys and Custard Mercantile said...

A wonderful collection!
I hope your loved ones are home safely now and you can relax a bit more... until the fair!!!!!!!!

Michele x

Suzy's Vintage Attic said...

Hello Elaine
Sorry to read that your Mother and sister are both in hospital! I do hope they are getting much better. It must be awkward having to go to 2 seperate hospitals.
I like the blue roses teapot on the first picture.
Hopefully will see you at the V&H fair next week.
Isabelle x

Country Cottage Chic said...

Just to let you know that I have set up a new blog to replace my lost one at:
http://countrycottagechic2.blogspot.com

Hope to see you there soon!
Jayne

Camilla said...

It was so lovely to meet you last week. I don't think i'm going to be able to make it to the fair due to my complete lack of every learning to drive, but I hope it goes really well for you. It would be nice to catch up for a cuppa sometime when you get a free moment...