Friday 26 June 2009

Summer Lovin'


It really feels like summer now, doesn't it? And the summer season of car boot sales seems to have started round here. I've been enjoying myself enormously walking round fields full of wallpaper tables and hopeful faces, rummaging through boxes of toddler-trashed toys or dodgy-looking big earrings. I loved finding the lady with the pottery & china bell collection (some of them are in the photo above). Or the thrill of checking out those old tobacco tins under someone's table and discovering they were full of vintage buttons!

It's great when people are just selling their own possessions - you can share their love for that embroidered antimacassar or hear the story of when they bought the teapot.
How about this fabulous 1960s vanity case? The previous owner told me it had been storing her 21st birthday cards.

For the time being, it's storing my treasure!

6 comments:

Country Cottage Chic said...

It all looks so cute & colourful Elaine!

Jayne

marble rose said...

How adorable are the Marmalade and Jam pots!!!


Seriously - I am going to the wrong carboots.

Fleur
xx

hens teeth said...

That gorgeous green patterned trio, I'm sure is from a picnic set. I saw a complete set in blue in a charity shop but it was £50 and out of my reach, but I adore the pattern. My goodness you have some lovely treasures. Oh those table mats!

Teena Vallerine said...

Great haul! Loving the preserve girls! And the place mats! Yum! t.x

BusyLizzie said...

You have been having some fun! Love the Vanity case. Have you seen the latest dolls house on my blog??? Lizzie x

BusyLizzie said...

thought you would like the dolls house!.. and I wasn't even going to mention the skirt..top..skirt.. Lizzie x