Sunday 28 February 2010

Photo tag


I was tagged by Camilla of Made by Milla
This is what it means to play the game.

1. open your first photo folder in your computer library.
2. scroll to the 10th photo
3. post the photo and the story behind it
4. tag 5 or more people to continue the thread

So I found the photo above. It was one of a series of photos I took (and still take) of tree branches. I had this idea of doing a semi-abstract painting based on tree branches. As well as finding them endlessly pleasing, I'm also fascinated by the way they echo other natural forms, such as blood vessels in the body, or river tributaries. I like the pattern of the large branch diverging into smaller branches, and getting smaller and smaller down to twigs and buds.
I thought I would include some others from the series which illustrate better what I was trying to capture. That top one was a fairly poor example. It's made me think about it again. It might make a good subject for embroidery too. Hmm...

I think rather than tag anyone else, I'm going to wimp out and just invite you to try this tag game if you'd like to. (Some of my previous attempts at tagging have not appeared very successful, so I'm rather shy of trying it.)
If you do have a go, please leave a comment with a link, so we can see what you found...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.